Launched in 2007, PanelPicker is an innovative online tool that encourages community participation in the SXSW Festival. Since 30 percent of the input in the application process comes from public votes, it is a great way to champion topics that you are passionate about. The remaining input comes from SXSW staff (30 percent) and a group of industry experts on the SXSW Advisory Board (40 percent).
Anyone with Internet access can cast a single vote for as many proposals as they would like, now until Friday, Sept. 5.
Below are some intriguing proposals that we have our eye on for SXSWedu. Take a look, and be sure to comment what other education marketing sessions you have voted for.
- Improving Literacy with Brain Science & Technology
- The Power of Teacher-focused Technology
- Robot Teaches Real Life Social Skills
- Using Humanoid Robots to Learn Social Skills
- Creating Common Standards for Ed Data Privacy
- The Importance of Design in Special Needs Tools
- Monetizing Kids Games: Should There be limits?
- Kids Love the Games, but Do They Work?
- Real-time SIS Population – A Moonshot Moment
- Accelerate Learning with Productive Struggle
- Accessible Instruction for Struggling Students
- CCSS & Communication Disorders: Can it Work?