C. Blohm & Associates, Inc. (CB&A), the premier public relations firm for the education industry, was proud to receive four honors at the PRSA-Madison Alchemy Awards ceremony Oct. 18.
Honored by three Awards of Excellence for a trio of campaigns completed in the past year, the CB&A team was thrilled by a Best in Show award for our Media Central campaign hosted at the International Society for Technology in Education 2012 Conference. CB&A shared the evening’s top campaign award with St. Mary’s Hospital, which was honored for its work celebrating the organization’s centennial.
The three CB&A campaigns that were recognized with awards, followed by a few details explaining each, are listed below:
ISTE 2012 Media Central
- Originally scheduled 56 meetings – 8 per client – with top-tier editors, but greatly exceeded that goal, hosting a total of 139 meetings.
- Facilitated meetings with 11 prospective clients, nine more than planned.
- Hosted virtual meetings over Skype for clients with media who couldn’t attend.
- Created a dedicated ISTE page on the CB&A website featuring info on Media Central, virtual media kits, news announcements and San Diego travel tips.
- As part of a larger effort to raise the company’s visibility and enhance SEO results, CB&A lead the creation of an infographic.
- The infographic was built around stats relating to the mobile studying habits of students.
- The graphic, used to illustrate the interesting facts of mobile studying, garnered 225 domain referrals, 1.9 million cumulative impressions online, and received a top 10 placement in Google searches for “online flashcards.”
- To provide a better destination for media, industry influencers, clients, employees and prospects, CB&A sought to revamp its entire website.
- Since January, our website has received a 29.8 percent increase in unique visitors, increased the average stay of a user by 52 seconds, and the company now ranks first in Google searches for “PR for education.”
- Also, we’d like to thank Winter Group for all of its support in helping us create our beautiful online presence.
Having been nominated for three awards and coming home with four honors was an extremely humbling and rewarding experience for the CB&A team.
The awards are a culmination of many hours of hard work by everyone at CB&A. From planning the many facets of hosting Media Central, to developing the infographic, to maintaining our beautiful website, and even for the time and effort it required to create the successful award entries – all of the projects were extremely challenging, but very rewarding in the end.
Thanks to the folks at PRSA-Madison for hosting a wonderful event, and a “Congratulations” to all the other Alchemy Award winners.
For a full recap of the evening’s awards, please read the official PRSA-Madison news release.