The Situation: A professional firm specializing in the federal E-rate funding program sought to establish itself as a national thought leader and leading voice for E-rate reform. To accomplish this goal, CB&A deployed a media relations campaign to secure coverage in education trade publications that reach school and district technology leaders, and advised on the company’s social media strategy to increase its presence.
The Results: The media relations outreach of the thought leadership initiative secured placement for the client in a number of national education trade outlets, and the social media strategy achieved a larger online following. This increased industry visibility enabled the client to play an influential role in the national E-rate reform debate.
Planning & Execution
To position the client as an expert on the E-rate program, CB&A developed and executed a number of strategies in the education marketplace. CB&A conducted a virtual media briefing, facilitated media interviews, scheduled media meetings, and distributed media communications on E-rate topics. In addition to these media relations tactics, CB&A provided content for the company’s social media channels and advised on growth strategies.
- Virtual media briefing attended by top-tier education trade media
- Contributed piece authored by client in a major outlet
- 12 media meetings with key reporters at education conferences
- Five feature stories directly related to the media briefing
- 23 general feature stories (average of nearly two per month), including prominent coverage in a national newspaper
- 300 additional Twitter followers in two weeks
- Media impressions totaling more than 20 million
Through CB&A’s expertise, the client raised its profile as a leading voice on E-rate reform in the education marketplace. Campaign initiatives, media coverage and social media were significant in enhancing the client’s visibility as an influential thought leader.