Championing Autism Education at the National Press Club
RoboKind, a developer of robots and curriculum built to help children with autism develop social skills, sought a national stage to increase public understanding of autism. The company wanted to use its research findings to demonstrate the importance of early intervention and the benefits of robot therapy. With a speaking engagement secured, we developed a robust media relations strategy to disseminate RoboKind’s educational content to a national audience.
- Develop proposal for speaking opportunities with the NPC
- Compose RoboKind script for NPC luncheon
- Conduct media training for RoboKind leadership team
- Distribute news release announcing RoboKind’s presentation
- Invite media to attend and cover the event
- Spearhead social media strategy and execution
- Facilitate onsite media tour in Washington, DC
- Capture multimedia assets to share in media outreach and social channels
With a strong proposal highlighting RoboKind’s research findings, CB&A secured a speaking engagement for RoboKind at an NPC Newsmaker Luncheon. The NPC event drew influential media that resulted in widespread national coverage, including a CNN segment for Autism Awareness Day, demonstrating the importance of early intervention methods like robot therapy. In addition to the NPC luncheon, RoboKind was invited to discuss the issue of early autism intervention with the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy and the U.S. Department of Education.
2015 PRSA Alchemy Award