An Ambassador Program Inspires STEM Education with 3D Printing
Dremel, a manufacturer of tools for life and learning, entered the education market with the launch of a 3D printer. Because teachers trust their colleagues when making purchasing decisions, we developed and facilitated a one-year ambassador campaign to showcase the DigiLab 3D40 and its many uses in the classroom. As Dremel Ambassadors, educators received a 3D printer and 10 spools of filament. In return, ambassadors served as brand advocates by generating multimedia content to share their teaching and learning experiences.
- Promote ambassador program to solicit nominations through Facebook application
- Identify 10 Dremel DigiLab Ambassadors from across the United States with a variety of skillsets in K-12 education
- Announce selected educators with news release at the ISTE conference
- Provide ambassadors with DigiLab 3D40 and accessories, and finalize ambassador requirements for content creation and sharing
- Engage with and manage ambassador relationships
- Share content from ambassadors through Dremel social media channels
- Leverage ambassadors in earned media and thought leadership opportunities
After establishing a cadre of evangelist educators, we leveraged their education marketing content in media relations and social media campaigns to secure coverage and boost engagement. This outreach, coupled with the personal networks of the ambassadors, substantially raised visibility of the Dremel brand in the education community and led to an increase in leads generated for the company.
2017 PRSA Alchemy Award
“An ambassador program requires a lot of one-to-one support, and CB&A provided exactly that with feedback and help whenever a question came up. The CB&A team’s family-like atmosphere makes it easy to come together, grow as a community and accomplish great things for education. I’m excited to see where we go next.”