Drive sales. Shape industries. Make a difference.
It’s The People That Matter
We’re a bold bunch of marketers–always challenging the status quo for our clients, for ourselves, and for our workplace. And it shows. Madison Magazine named CB&A one of the “Best Places to Work.” Here’s why we love #CBAlife.
We are a certified Women-Owned Business Enterprise and work with companies that are making a difference. Our efforts have a lasting impact on students, families and communities across the globe. We challenge our team to push innovation to the limit with the support of their peers, in an agency that values collaboration above all else.
We build and promote from within. Each employee receives a professional development budget to explore interests and become a go-to subject matter expert for others on the team. Our team takes an active role in AMA, PRSA and SMB to drop a few acronyms.
We work with market leaders and top industry influencers. Over our 25-year history, CB&A has grown into an award-winning education marketing agency with global reach, serving clients from Silicon Valley to Sweden. From Small Agency of the Year to Top Influencer on Twitter, CB&A has earned this recognition thanks to the exceptional work of our team.
We let the good times roll. Each month, we host a social event and take time to recognize each other’s work. Team members go head-to-head at pumpkin carving, pop culture trivia and annual festivities like the chili cook-off.
Happy employees equal happy clients. We find balance between personal and professional life. At CB&A employees take advantage of a flexible working policy, unlimited PTO plus summer hours and a paid day off on their birthday.
CB&A By The Numbers
Our team drinks an average of 3,642 cups of coffee and tea per year. Cupboards stocked with liquid fuel keep our campaigns energized and always pushing toward the next level.
We know that animals reduce stress and spark creativity, which is why any of our 8 four-legged coworkers (we’re more dog than cat people) are regular visitors.
CB&A hosts a United Way Giving Campaign to support education in our community. After combining employee contributions and a company match, we’re proud to share that we exceed our fundraising goal each year.
Gold Star Standard
We appreciate each other, day in and day out. Each employee earns ‘Gold Stars’ for their contributions to the team. We’ve recognized one another 5,316 times last year.
Melodies for the Mind
The tempo of the office changed based on the DJ’s Pandora station selection of the day. Among our top listened stations is “The Avett Brothers” with 83 total hours listened.
CB&A’s efforts have a lasting impact on students, families and communities within the education market. We value our team’s diversity in backgrounds and experiences to aid in our ability to push innovation to the limit and make impactful change not only within the U.S. education market but within our own communities. CB&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds who share a passion and purpose for providing quality education. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity but also age, religion, marital status, ancestry, arrest or conviction record, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, and other parts of an individual’s identity. We value our employees and their points of view and recognize what this brings to the success of our agency. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging is a shared responsibility between CB&A and its team.
We’re always interested in hearing from people with a fresh perspective, unique talents and a passion for education. If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
C. Blohm & Associates, Inc. (CB&A), is seeking a highly organized, results driven and collaborative Account Executive to join our growing team. With unlimited PTO, a community giving program and an always learning culture, CB&A offers a flexible and purpose-driven environment in Madison, WI. We will consider a remote opportunity for self-starters with a location near the Madison area (WI, MN, IA or IL residents) to allow for occasional travel to the office for agency meetings and activities.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, backgrounds and experience who have a passion for education. All of our employee’s viewpoints are a key to our success, and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility.
The Account Executive contributions will include:
- Account Management: Serve as the liaison between the agency and its clients while overseeing marketing communications campaigns that strategically manage client resources while achieving client goals.
- Strategic Consultation: Provide strategic counsel to client liaisons regarding marketing communications opportunities.
- Marketing: Manage the creation and execution of marketing communications campaigns including media relations, thought leadership, content marketing, paid media, email marketing, social media advertising and marketing automation.
- Communication: Supervise development of marketing communications materials to ensure quality control of all work that is submitted to clients.
- Client Retention: Achieve client goals, nurture relationships and secure contract renewals to retain clients.
- Revenue Generation: Achieve individual revenue generation goals, manage client budgets and upsell clients.
- Relationship Building: Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients, prospects, agency partners, media contacts and education industry VIPs.
- Event Coordination: Coordinate client activities at industry trade shows and special events. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
You should get in touch if you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years relevant work experience in an account service role responsible for client and/or marketing communications
- The ability to foster teamwork, mentor junior staff and thrive in a collaborative environment
- Previous work experience creating and managing project budgets
- Excellent written and verbal communication, portraying a high degree of professionalism
- High level of attention to detail and strong customer service skills with demonstrated relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and to provide strategic insight and analysis to solve problems
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Previous experience in the education marketplace
- Proficient with Mac OS
- Previous work experience with project time tracking
- Ability to work a hybrid schedule including in-person and remote
In exchange, CB&A offers competitive pay and benefits including:
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k Savings Plan with company match
- Company paid Life, STD, & LTD Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Professional Development Budget
- Volunteer Time
- Pet Insurance
- Legal & Financial Protection Insurance
We’d welcome the opportunity to learn more about your experience, please share your resume with us at email@example.com.