For more than four decades, the Association of Educational Publishers‘ (AEP) Awards program has honored companies that provide outstanding resources for teaching and learning. One of the largest and longest-running awards programs for educational products, the AEP Awards identify products that exemplify the highest standards of professional, quality educational content, give credit and recognition to the organizations who are leading the way in the field, and set benchmarks to which the rest of the industry can aspire.
The Distinguished Achievement Awards recognize the year’s top educational products in four categories: Curriculum, Periodicals, Professional Development, and Technology & New Media. Entries are judged only against other products in their entry category, subcategory, and grade level.
Golden Lamps are awarded in the same categories, but just to one title in each, setting a “gold standard” for educational products. Golden Lamp entries are judged against products from all subjects and grade levels, raising the level of competition and distinction.
This year, we’re pleased to recognize some of the 2010 AEP Award finalists in both the Distinguished Achievement Award and Golden Lamp categories, including:
Distinguished Achievement Awards
- Capstone Digital (PebbleGo), PRESCHOOL (Grades K-5)
- Discovery Education, Discovery Education Digital Science Solutions (Grades 6-8)
- Key Curriculum Press, Living By Chemistry (Grades 9-12)
- Shmoop University, Inc., Shmoop (Grades 9-12)
- AutismPro, AutismPro (Grades K-5)
- Ginger Software, Ginger Premium (Grades 6-8)
- PCI Education, Word Problems for Nonreaders (Grades 9-12)
Curriculum & Instruction
- PBS TeacherLine, PBS TeacherLine – Instructional Technology Courses Tech 315, 325, 330, 340 (Adult)
Technology & New Media
- Discovery Education, Discovery Education Assessment (Adult)
- Discovery Education, Discovery Education streaming Plus (Grades 9-12)
Golden Lamp Awards
- AutismPro, AutismPro Workshops
Technology & New Media
- netTrekker, netTrekker
AEP Award winners will be announced and honored on June 8th at the Content in Context Conference in Washington, D.C. Both the Distinguished Achievement Award and Golden Lamp winners are honored at the black tie-optional AEP Awards Banquet & Gala.
Congratulations again to all the finalists! For a complete list of finalists, visit http://www.aepweb.org/awards/finalists.htm.