C. Blohm & Associates is an award-winning, full-service education PR agency based in Madison, Wisconsin. Our talented team of experts specializes in the education and special needs industries.
C. Blohm & Associates uses a three-step process to achieve successful visibility results. We use both established and emerging media channels. Using discovery, engagement and evaluation, we create conversations that make an impact with influencers and thought leaders in the education industry and special needs markets.
We’re passionate about what we do. Our number one goal is to expand the reach of our clients’ public relations initiatives. We use our time-tested knowledge of communications in the education industry to help them deliver their message and surpass their goals. Our guiding values are the roadmap by which we meet these opportunities.
CB&A Beliefs and Guiding Principles:
• Education is valuable. All kids deserve a chance.
• Every individual has unique strengths to offer, and deserves the appropriate tools to harness these gifts.
• The power of storytelling and carefully chosen words to convey vivid ideas and meaning.
• Sharing, collaborating and communicating to address challenges and opportunities together.
• Responsibility and accountability to the taxpayers who support our education system.
• Respect for all and doing right by others.
Thanks to our focused expertise, we know how to tailor your communications with depth and genuine resonance. With a guiding principle of “Visibility Matters,” we work tirelessly to get you noticed, build brand loyalty and create staying power among educators, therapists, parents and students.
Whether you’re an international market leader or an emerging enterprise, we’ll work with you to define your goals and help you achieve them. Our deeply rooted industry relationships, dedication to the community and results-driven ethos create successful solutions.
We’ve established relationships with the media. Our knowledge of social channels is unmatched. Members of the CB&A client family average millions of impressions per month in target publications including online venues. We help them develop long-standing relationships with media venues that matter most.
We’re passionate about giving back to the community, whether it’s reading to kids at the local elementary school, providing supplies to teachers or ringing bells on behalf of the Salvation Army. We measure success in the lives touched and generations enriched.
We help our clients build and execute strategic communications plans that significantly boost their visibility, which in turn has a substantial impact on their bottom line. Each client’s plan is customized to focus on their business objectives and key audiences.
Members of the CB&A team are frequently asked to contribute articles and lead presentations at industry events. Additionally, Charlene is active in leadership roles with a number of industry associations.
• Presenter, Digital Strategy: New Channels, Metrics and Roles for Marketing Success, Content in Context, Jun 2016 (Charlene Blohm, with Linda Winter of The Winter Group and Lynette Young of Purple Stripe Productions)
• Presenter, Securing National Visibility for Autism Research Results, ATIA, Feb 2016 (Charlene Blohm, Pamela Rollins)
• Contributor, What You Need to Know about Building, Marketing and Selling Products for Special Needs Students, SIIA’s Education Business Forum Roundtable , Dec 2015 (Charlene Blohm)
• Moderator, Selling Success with Focused Sales & Marketing Boot Camp, SIIA’s Education Industry Summit, May 2015 (Charlene Blohm)
• Panelist, How Social Media Can Help You Win Educator Friends and Influence School Leaders, SIIA’s Education Industry Summit, May 2015 (Charlene Blohm)
• Co-presenter, CoSN’s CETL Summit (Certified Education Technology Leaders), March 2015 (Charlene Blohm)
• Interviewer, EdNET Insider, Selling to Schools Radio, October 2014 (Saul Hafenbredl)
• Presenter, Game-Changing Market Opportunities: Leveraging Social Media to Stay Competitive, SIIA’s Education Business Forum, December 2014 (Saul Hafenbredl)
• Co-presenter for roundtable discussion at EdNET 2014: Taking the Pulse. Uncovering Trends. A Year Four Perspective. September 2014 (Charlene Blohm with Linda Winter)
• Reviewer/Judge for Pitchfests: Reviews of Company Marketing Plans, SIIA Education Industry Summit, May 2014 (Emily Embury)
• Interviewee, How to Use Social Media to Engage School Administrators, Selling to Schools on BlogTalkRadio, July 2013 (Charlene Blohm)
• Panelist, Shifts that are Changing How Products are Being Marketed, SIIA’s Ed Tech Business Forum, November 27, 2012 (Charlene Blohm)
• Contributors, Educators Speak Out About Traditional and Social Media – Together We’ll Explore the Implications for Education Marketers, EdNET 2012 Roundtable, October, 2012 (Charlene Blohm & Linda Winter)
• Contributors, What Educators Say, Think, and Do With Your Marketing Communications, EdNET Roundtable, September, 2011 (Charlene Blohm & Linda Winter)
• Do’s and Dont’s of CTO Communications with Local Media, CoSN CETL blog, May 2015 (Charlene Blohm)
• How CTOs Can Share Success with a Wider Audience, CoSN CETL blog, May 2015 (Charlene Blohm)
• How CTOs Can Communicate with Internal Stakeholders More Effectively, CoSN CETL blog, April 2015 (Charlene Blohm)
• What Are CTOs’ Biggest Communications Challenges? CoSN CETL blog, April 2015 (Charlene Blohm)
• How to Drive K-12 Sales in a WebCentric World, Selling To Schools, Dec 2012 (Charlene Blohm)
• Integrating Social Media and Traditional PR for Better Brand-Building, Chapter 4, “Marketing”, in SIIA’s The Experts’ Guide to the Postsecondary Education Market, June 2011 (Charlene Blohm)
• Desktop and Web Widgets, Education Channel Partner, January 2009 (Charlene Blohm)