Seeking Creative and Enthusiastic Candidates
C. Blohm & Associates, Inc., (CB&A) is a nationally renowned public relations firm focused exclusively on the education, ed tech and technology industries. We are passionate about making a difference, and our work directly impacts the quality of education in schools today.
Our award-winning team has extensive public relations experience and a deep understanding of our industry segments. We handle both start-ups and established market leaders from across the country and internationally as well.
We are seeking a creative and enthusiastic individual to join our growing team as a PR & Social Media Account Executive (3-5 years professional experience). Results-oriented candidates with a sense of fun will find a home here.
Open Position: PR & Social Media Account Executive
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide a high level of on-going service to existing clients and to support the President directly in managing the business effectively for maximum client media or target audience exposure. Manage and coordinate account service activities. Act as primary customer contact for assigned clients and the corresponding relationships.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Client Account Management: Create and execute strategic public relations and social media plans for assigned clients. Develop client PR campaigns that strategically manage client resources while achieving stated goals, and manage campaign and budget on an ongoing basis. Manage monthly client summaries of completed activities.
- Consultation: Provide strategic counsel as needed in partnership client liaisons regarding visibility and thought leadership opportunities.
- Storyteller: Develop PR messages and news hooks that deliver timely, relevant and compelling story ideas that people want to cover.
- Communication: Supervise writing of news releases and other publicity materials. Successfully pitch client stories to the media. Advise regarding distribution plans and audience engagement.
- Business Networking/Relationships: Develop and maintain good working relationships with trade editors and bloggers, clients and prospects, industry VIPs, and consumer media and bloggers. Exemplify the CB&A brand at all times.
- Event Coordination: Coordinate and plan company and client activities at industry trade shows, media interviews, and special events. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Confidentiality: Display a high level of integrity by maintaining the confidence of proprietary information. Protect all tangible and intangible company assets including proprietary software and databases.
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Prospect Management: Develop proposals and presentations to support new business development efforts.
- Team Lead: Serve as mentor and communicate with co-workers, entry-level employees, temps, and interns according to approved agency policies.
- Projects: Conduct special research projects as assigned.
- Professional Development: Keep current with media relations and social media tactics and tools as well as education industry trends.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelors Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years relevant work experience in an account service role responsible for client and/or media communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication, portraying a high degree of professionalism
- High level of attention to detail and strong customer service skills with demonstrated relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and to provide strategic insight and analysis to solve problems
- Strong analytical skills
- Professional customer service skills and attention to detail
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to foster teamwork and thrive in a collaborative environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Proficient with Twitter, Facebook and other social media tools
- Previous leadership experience
- Previous work experience creating and managing project budgets
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate’s background and experience. CB&A offers an excellent benefits package.
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, two news release samples and links to two blog posts to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your e-mail, be sure to include “Account Executive / CB&A.”
C. Blohm & Associates, Inc., is the premier public relations firm in the education industry. This award-winning agency is ranked among the industry’s thought leaders and creates visibility campaigns that drive results for clients. Services include:
- Strategic planning
- Media and customer relations
- New product introductions
- Marketing collateral
- Social media communications
- Conference and trade show planning
- Media training
- Crisis communications
- Special events
Passion, imagination and commitment are hallmarks of this dynamic team. Working with domestic and international market leaders as well as start-ups and emerging companies, CB&A crafts customized integrated marketing communications that resonate with education’s biggest influencers.
At CB&A, education is our passion, and we like to think of ourselves as “professional six-year olds.” We have been serving the public relations and marketing communications needs of K-20 publishers since 1991. As the needs of the education industry have evolved, CB&A has expanded its services in support of a dynamic industry earning a reputation for success that we are proud to share with established companies and start-ups alike. We are always eager to learn, and we spend our days in a relaxed, team-focused environment with a casual dress code. Life’s celebrations don’t go unnoticed at CB&A either, where we recognize Halloween with a pumpkin carving contest, and the arrival of Spring with a stroll to the nearby McDonald’s for scrumptious Shamrock Shakes. And above all, coffee, tea and (mostly) nutritious snacks are always in supply.
Because CB&A serves the education industry exclusively, our clients value us for our unparalleled expertise. In fact, CB&A’s president and founder, Charlene Blohm, is considered one of the most respected PR gurus in the U.S. educational publishing industry. Employees at CB&A have the opportunity to build their expertise by working directly with our president, by collaborating with colleagues, by attending conferences, workshops and webinars, and by enrolling in college courses. All staff members are actively involved in the education industry and regularly attend major trade shows and conferences around the country. In addition, we participate and take leadership roles in several industry associations to stay abreast of current trends and to expand our ever-growing network.